Rocket Chainsaw has published an article revealing some details about the new Mirror’s Edge game. They say that verified sources have seen video footage of DICE’s current production. We can’t be sure of anything so we have to consider those information as rumors.
Here is a quick summary of their article (link above):
- The first trailer shown at E3 2013 was entirely real time
- The game is developped for Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC and Mac
- They confirm that it will be a total reboot
- DICE’s objective is "to create an open world, living breathing city for you to explore"
- The game will feature some kind of "always online" element, allowing players to easily play with one another in co-operation or competitive modes
- Faith will have to fight new enemies such as the Protectors, the Sentinels and the Enforcers (more info in the full article)
- The developpers are doing their best to provide a great parkour and combat experience, trying not to "break" the player’s freerun: they are trying to get a smooth transition between running and fighting.
- Faith will have some new combat moves but apparently no guns
- The game is planned to be released in 2016…
It appears that EA won’t comment on these rumors.